Welcome to our exclusive day tour to Stuðlagil Canyon, where nature’s wonders await your discovery. Immerse yourself in the awe-inspiring beauty of Iceland’s hidden gem as our experienced guides lead you on a journey of unforgettable sights and unforgettable memories.
What awaits you
Venture through breathtaking landscapes, where the vibrant blue waters of Jökla River wind their way through the stunning basalt canyon walls. Witness the unique hexagonal basalt formations that tell tales of ancient geological wonders. Prepare to be captivated by the tranquility and charm of this natural masterpiece.
- Clothes: Good clothes, as you know the weather in Iceland can be unpredictable.
- Shoes: Good shoes, hiking shoes are the perfect fit.
- Hiking Holes: Hiking Holes can be good for someone that is not very capable to walk much, we recommend using Viking Gear Rental.
- The walk from the parking lot to Stuðlagil Canyon takes about 20-30 minutes.
- The drive to Stuðlagil Canyon parking lot from Egilsstaðir takes about 1 hour.
- The whole tour can take up to 5 hours depending on the tempo of the hiking.
- You can go to a viewing platform instead of walking to the Stuðlagil, but it’s good to know that it’s not as fun or as good a view of the entire Stuðlagil Canyon.
- The rocks in Stuðlagil Canyon can be slippery so please be careful when walking on the rocks.
- It is recommended to follow the path if it is not followed it can cause damage to the environment and yourself.
In the tour to Stuðlagil Canyon we offer you Icelandic Water, dried fish, flatbread with smoked lamb and the local Taxi beer.